Hello, family!
I had my first orchestra rehearsal last night and it went swimmingly. I even welcomed the inevitable pain my bowing arm felt after playing such repetitive brush strokes as the 2nd violin part often provides. We just had string rehearsal last night and we went over the Mendelssohn Hymn of Praise. I believe that's what it's called. Nice piece. LONG.
It was so much fun to be back in the habit! I am sitting at the back of the second section, just where I like :). I would say this orchestra is comparable to the Signature Symphony. Of course, that assessment is a little premature since I haven't even heard the full ensemble yet. Soon, good people! So I'm back. Weee!
Also, on an unrelated note, I would like everyone to know that I have heard of a Caribbean restaurant in the District that serves mainly Trinidadian cuisine. Islander Caribbean restaurant or something. Anyway, when you're visiting let me know if you want to go! I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things. I'm out.
Laurel Ryan
13 years ago

3 comments:
Good to read of those pains that hurt so good! Remember to give full bow now :) DAD
Oh, it's on my mind at all times! :)
Sure, let us know, we'll have to check out the Trinidadian restaurant. ak
Post a Comment