Alright, I mentioned to mom the other day that I wasn't too keen on sharing a whole lot of personal information regarding our family with the world. I took a look at their security features and was somewhat disappointed. We can lock it down, but as with any security measure, it usually makes things a bit more cumbersome. This is certainly the case with the options I'm seeing available right now. Invitees can view using a month-long guest account (Permanent guest account available? Doesn't look like it.), or the blog can be made to where only the blog authors can see it. Of course, Google account holders can be given access as well. It's at least currently set to not be indexed by search engines, which helps.
Looks like our best option would be to "continue as guest." However, it looks like the invitation is very likely to expire after a month or so. For now I'll leave the blog public. I'm addicted to RSS feeds at the moment. =) Maybe I can find a way to use it with the increased security. I'm using FeedDemon, and it's nice since it syncs up on both my laptop and desktop using an account on their server. Apparently it's as good, if not better in many respects compared to Bloglines or even Google Reader. I'm always going from one machine to another, so I wanted my feeds saved to a centralized server. It would be nice if it would do the same for all my bookmarks, too! I'd like to feel comfortable posting my Xmas wishlist here, but I'm more likely to e-mail it.
P.S.: in case you're wondering how I'm making these sweet screenshots, I'm using a program called Jing. It's pretty slick. When it asks for an e-mail address and other garbage, just put in bogus info. and you'll be good. It's Mac and PC compatible. And above all, it's free!

1 comment:
Let's discuss or figure this out over the holdays. Maybe we need to look at a different engine/server/resource. Michaelito has totally confused me for the time being, but alas, I too shall listen and try to learn.
ak
Post a Comment